Celebrity News

1 2 3 18

Shooting reported at Lil Wayne’s Miami Beach home

Lil Wayne

Lil Wayne

MIAMI BEACH, FL – According to reports Miami Police are responding to Lil Wayne’s Miami Beach mansion after someone contacted police to report a shooting with at least four people injured.

Officers converged on the home of the famed rapper located on the ritzy La Gorce Island. They have setup a perimeter and are assessing the situation.

UPDATE: This appears to be a case of swatting. Police have given the all-clear. No shooter, or victims found.

Officer Ernest Rodriguez told the Miami Herald that a call came in just before 1 p.m. from a man who claimed to have shot four people at the waterfront La Gorce Circle home.

Wayne’s record label, Young Money, tweeted a short time ago that Lil Wayne is okay and he was not home at the time of today’s incident.

According to TMZ 11 days ago someone contacted police regarding a strange man lurking outside the home. Cops arrived and talked to the man, but released him since he was on public property.

Police believe this may be a case of “swatting,” where someone reports a bogus emergency to see how much of a response they can get from authorities.

Dwyane Michael Carter, better known as Little Wayne, lives in an eight-bedroom, 10-bath home and was recently assessed at over $9 million.

 

DMCA.com Protection Status

Arrest warrant issued for Queen Elsa of Arendelle

Queen Elsa of Arendelle Courtesy Harlan Police

Queen Elsa of Arendelle
Courtesy Harlan Police

HARLAN, KENTUCKY – On Wednesday the Harlan Police Department issued a warrant for the arrest of Frozen’s own Queen Elsa.

According to Harlan Police, Queen Elsa of Arendelle is dangerous and officials are warning citizens to stay away from her and do not attempt to apprehend her alone.

On Wednesday, having weathered a string of cold winter storms, the Harlan Police Department posted to their Facebook page an all-points-bulletin letting citizens of Harlan know they had put out a warrant for the movie character of “Frozen.”.

According to sources close to the actor, Disney’s sequel to the popular movie “Frozen” is in jeopardy. With the star facing criminal charges rumors have it that Disney may scrap the movie. We have reached out to Disney for comment, but we have not heard back from their representatives.

Elsa is described as a blonde female and was last seen wearing a long blue dress and is known to burst into song “Let It Go.”

Harlan is currently under another winter storm advisory Friday and into Saturday night. Harlan officials have confirmed they will prosecute Elsa to the full extent of the law if these winter storms continue.

In a follow-up post officials said, “All kidding aside, the weather has been very dangerous and temps will get worse. Everyone please take precautions to stay safe and warm. Stay off the roads unless it is an emergency. Watch out and help others who may need help. HPD is doing a great job during this time but it takes everyone working together.”

Let’s hope they catch her before the sequel.

Suge Knight officially charged faces third strike

Suge Knight - 2008 mugshot Credit Las Vegas PD

Suge Knight – 2008 mugshot
Credit Las Vegas PD

LOS ANGELES, CA – Today former hip-hop mogul Marion “Suge” Knight was officially charged with murder and attempted murder in a Compton hit-and-run that occurred on Friday.

Adding to Knight’s woes, his bail of $2.025 million bail was revoked after homicide detectives petitioned the bail commissioner, plus this will be a third strike for the Death Row Records founder.

The 49-year-old Knight was arrested early Friday after going to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s West Hollywood Station, accompanied by his lawyer. Earlier that day Knight is accused of running over two men following an altercation.

Fifty-five-year-old Terry Carter was killed and actor Cle “Bone” Sloan was injured when Knight backed over the pair in his red Ford F-150 Raptor pickup and then ran over them as he fled the scene.

Knight’s attorney claims he was trying to escape an attack when he accidentally struck the victims. A homicide lieutenant said Knight argued with Sloan through the driver’s side of the truck and then purposely struck Sloan and Carter while in the parking lot outside of Tam’s Burgers in Compton.

Knight has been officially charged with one count of murder, one count of attempted murder, two counts of hit-and-run with an allegation that he committed a serious and violent felony while out on bail in another pending case. He was out on bail for a robbery charge.

Authorities said bail was revoked since Knight is considered a flight-risk. They were also concerned about witness intimidation due to his criminal past. The District Attorney has confirmed this would be his third strike if convicted.

Knight faces life in prison if convicted. He is scheduled to be arraigned on Tuesday.

Former rap mogul Serge Knight arrested for murder

1997 nmate photo

1997 nmate photo

COMPTON, CA – Former rap mogul Marion “Suge” Knight has been arrested for murder after two men were mowed down by a truck driven by the troubled artist, killing one and injuring the other.

Los Angeles police Lt. John Corina told CNN that witnesses said it appeared that the driver of the truck intentionally hit the two victims, so they are handling the investigation as a homicide. Knight’s bail was set at $2 million.

According to reports, Knight had an argument with 55-year-old Terry Carter and 51-year-old Cle Sloan, on the set of the biopic “Straight Outta Compton,” a film about the rap group N.W.A. The argument continued in the parking lot of Tam’s Burgers.

Knight allegedly tracked the two men down in the parking lot and backed his red Ford Raptor over the victims and then ran over them a second time as he left the scene, killing Carter and injuring Sloan. Officers later found Knight’s Raptor abandoned in Westwood.

Knight, who was accompanied by his attorney, turned himself in at the West Hollywood Sheriff’s Station.

Knight, the founder of Death Row Records, is no stranger to violence. In 1996, while Knight was driving a car in Las Vegas, Tupak Shakur, who was a passenger in his car, was shot to death.

Death Row Records filed for bankruptcy in 2006 after Knight spent several years in prison for violating parole on assault and weapons convictions, adding to his troubles he had ongoing feuds with Dr. Dre, Snoop Lion (Dogg) and others.

Last August Knight, along with two others, were shot while attending a party hosted by singer Chris Brown on the evening before the MTV Music Awards. Then in October he was arrested for allegedly stealing a photographer’s camera.

In October, he was busted along with comedian Micah “Katt” Williams for allegedly stealing a photographer’s camera.

 

Charge dropped again AC/DC Drummer

indexBAY OF PLENTY, NEW ZEALAND – AC/DC drummer, Phil Rudd, who was charged on Thursday with several counts in connection to trying to have two men killed, will be facing one less charge.

According to Rudd’s attorney, Paul Mabey, the New Zealand police charge of “attempting to procure murder” against his client has been dropped.

The 60-year-old drummer for the legendary hard rock band, had been accused of trying to procure the murder of two men. However, the Crown Solicitor decided there wasn’t enough evidence to justify it.

Mabey wrote in a statement, “The charge alleging an attempt to procure murder should never have been laid. The Crown Solicitor’s opinion was not sought. The charge is now withdrawn, within 24 hours of Mr. Rudd’s first appearance in court,” continuing Mabey complained, “Mr. Rudd has suffered unnecessary and extremely damaging publicity as a result of widespread and sensational reporting of a very serious allegation, which on any basis was never justified.”

Rudd still faces several other charges, including threatening to kill.

On Thursday afternoon, Rudd made an appearance in court to face charges of; attempting to procure the murder of two men, threatening to kill and possession of methamphetamine and possession of cannabis.

Earlier on Thursday police paid a visit to Rudd’s beach front mansion and searched the premises.

The names of the two men he was attempting to have killed have not been released, nor has the name of the potential hit-man.

Rudd did not enter a plea to the charges at the Tauranga District Court and was released on bail. His next appearance is schedule for November 27.

The Australian born Rudd moved to New Zealand in 1983, after being fired by the legendary rock band AC/DC, but rejoined the band years later.

In 2003 AC/DC was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and remains one of the world’s biggest-selling musical acts.

The band is set to release their latest album, “Rock or Bust,” in December. However, when AC/DC gathered to film videos for a pair of ‘Rock or Bust’ tracks in early October, Rudd was a no show due to a “family emergency.” Also, in a shocking turn of events, original founding member, guitarist Malcolm Young, was absent after being diagnosed with Dementia earlier this year.

B.B. King falls ill cancels remaining tour

BB King performs at Thunder Valley Casino Click for more images

BB King performs at Thunder Valley Casino
Click for more images

The legendary B.B. King was forced to cancel the remainder of his current tour after falling ill following a shortened performance at Chicago’s House of Blues on October 3.

The 89-year-old Rock and Roll Hall of Famer was scheduled to play another eight shows this year.

According to his reps, King did not feel well enough to continue his performance at the House of Blues in Chicago on Oct 3. He was immediately evaluated by a doctor and diagnosed with dehydration and suffering from exhaustion whereby causing the eight remaining shows of his current tour to be cancelled.

No other information was available.

Earlier this year EW’s The Music Mix wrote that Kings performance in St. Louis was shaky and erratic, with Kings reps issuing a statement of apology soon after the gig. “The combination of the rigors of the very long drive and high blood sugar due to his medication error resulted in a performance that did not match Mr. King’s usual standard of excellence,” the statement read. King suffers from Type II diabetes, a condition he’s lived with for over 20 years.

According to the blues singer’s website, “King is back at his home where he is resting. In order to fully recuperate, he has cancelled his remaining eight shows of the tour. He has been on tour all year with over 70 performances for 2014. He does not have any additional shows scheduled for the remainder of the year.”

Earlier King wrote to his fans, “I’m back at home now listening to music, watching movies and enjoying some down time. I think I’m busier at home now than on the road talking to friends calling to check up on me. I do appreciate everyone’s calls and concern. I want to tell you, I’m doing alright.”

Joan Rivers resting comfortably

jkb_joan_rivers_bio_460x460NEW YORK, NY – Comedian Joan Rivers is “resting comfortably” in a New York hospital after suffering cardiac arrest during a procedure to remove a lump in her throat at a medical clinic on Thursday.

In a statement, the 81-year-old’s daughter, Melissa Rivers, said she was resting comfortably at a New York hospital Thursday night. Melissa had to catch a flight from Los Angeles to be with her mother.

“I want to thank everyone for the overwhelming love and support for my mother. She is resting comfortably and is with our family. We ask that you continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers,” she said in the statement.

Rivers had stopped breathing during throat surgery after she suffered cardiac and respiratory arrest. She was rushed by ambulance in critical condition to Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City.

Hospital spokesman Sid Dinsay said in a statement Thursday, “This morning, Joan Rivers was taken to the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, where she is being attended to. Her family wants to thank everybody for their outpouring of love and support. We will provide an update on her condition as it becomes available.”

Rivers had been scheduled to perform her comedy act at the Count Basie Theater in Red Bank, New Jersey, Friday night.

Joan Rivers hospitalized in critical condition

jkb_joan_rivers_bio_460x460NEW YORK, NY – Joan Rivers was rushed to the hospital Thursday morning after she stopped breathing during throat surgery.

According to officials, the comedienne was having throat surgery and suddenly stopped breathing. She was transported in critical condition to Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City.

Read update on River’s condition

The 81-year-old Rivers has been very open about her health issues and allowed cameras to film last year when doctors discovered a spot on her throat that was causing a persistent cough.

During the episode Rivers explained, “We’re just not going to be sad about this. We’re gonna do jokes and be up until we know. That’s how I deal with things. I’m not just gonna sit around the next couple of days and go crazy.”

Robin Williams dead at 63

robin-williams

TIBURON, CA – Actor and comedian Robin Williams was found dead today at his Tiburon home.

Accoring to the Marin County Coroner’s office, the preliminary diagnosis is suicide due to asphyxia.

Williams was last seen alive at his Northern California home on Sunday. He lived in Marin County with his wife.

According to his media representative Mara BuxBaum, the Oscar-winning actor had “been battling severe depression of late,” she went on to tell CNN, “This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

In 2011 Williams married graphic designer Susan Schneider in a Napa Valley ceremony. Schneider released a statement to CNN through Buxbaum.

“This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken.

“On behalf of Robin’s family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin’s death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions.”

 

Tracy Morgan sues Walmart

Tracy Morgan Click for more images

Tracy Morgan
Click for more images

TRENTON, NJ – Tracy Morgan is suing Wal-Mart over the New Jersey Turnpike accident that killed comedian James McNair and injured a number of others including Morgan.

On June 7, Kevin Roper, a Wal-Mart truck driver, plowed into a limousine that was carrying Morgan and others on the New Jersey Turnpike. The lawsuit that was filed on Thursday in a U.S. District Court in New Jersey is alleging negligence on Wal-Mart’s part.

Morgan transferred from the hospital on June 20 and checked into a rehabilitation facility.

The complaint explained, “Wal-Mart was careless and negligent in the ownership and operation of its motor vehicle, which caused Mr. Morgan to suffer severe personal injuries. As a direct and proximate result of said collision, Mr. Morgan was caused to sustain severe painful bodily injuries, including but not limited to multiple fractures which required multiple surgeries, extensive medical treatment and will require significant physical rehabilitation.”

The plaintiffs include Krista Millea, the wife of McNair, as well as Morgan’s assistant, Jeffrey Millea, and comedian Ardie Fuqua. The plaintiffs are suing for negligence, and in addition, Millea is suing for loss of consortium.

They are seeking a jury trial for compensatory, statutory and punitive damages, including legal fees.

The complaint alleges that Roper was fatigued after being awake for more than 24 hours and commuted 700 miles from his home in Jonesboro, Ga. to a Wal-Mart facility in Smyrna, Del., before beginning his shift. The suit claims that “Wal-Mart knew, or should have known” that he had been “awake for more than 24 consecutive hours.”

According to the complaint, “Wal-Mart recklessly and intentionally engaged in a pattern and practice of having its drivers violating the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (F.M.S.C.A.) Regulations,” by having drivers routinely work shifts longer than permitted under the F.M.C.S.A. Regulations.

Roper was going 65 mph in a 45-mph zone just prior to and he has pleaded not guilty to death by auto and assault by auto charges.

1 2 3 18

Free counters!